- Okra Fried, grilled, pickled ... it doesn't matter; we'll take it.
- Buttermilk Biscuits Cat-head sized, but we're not particular.
- Sawmill Gravy Hello? You need it for your biscuits.
- Fried Pork Chops Another canvas for sawmill gravy.
- Casseroles Any kind, but we like our mamas' recipes best.
- Tomato Sandwiches Summer wouldn't be summer without them--but only if they're slathered in Duke's Mayonnaise.
- Green Beans These are only a favorite when they're cooked in fat-back (as if there's any other way).
- Pimento Cheese Homemade. ONLY homemade.
- Carolina Slaw Burgers If you don't end up with it all over you, you're doing it wrong.
- Lexington-Style Chopped BBQ Yes, we're taking sides in the BBQ wars.
- Chess Pie If your teeth don't fall out and you don't go into diabetic shock, you'll probably ask for seconds.
- Sweet Tea It's not a food, but what else are you going to wash down all this mess with? Nothing else, that's what.
Gosh, I'm starting to realize this list could go on and on. Does it make us culinary sluts that we spread our love around to so many dishes?
I hope we don't get a reputation.