Monday, March 14, 2011

Speaking of Biscuits (and we usually are) …

In this year’s list of Saveur Magazine’s Fascinating Saveur 100, which is an annual list of culinary finds, innovations and novelties, Biscuitville made No. 96. The writer refers to the breakfast chain, which is headquartered in Greensboro, N.C. and peppered throughout North Carolina and Virginia, as “an old-fashioned gem in a modern world.” And their product as “the quintessential Southern biscuit.”

I think that’s a pretty fair statement.


The article then links to this piece at A Continuous Lean, where Michael Williams explores the restaurant even further:

“This past weekend I was in North Carolina and couldn’t miss the always delicious and still privately held regional chain Biscuitville. To me, Biscuitville is the Southern breakfast equivalent of the West coast burger mecca In-N-Out … everything on the menu is great and terrible for you.”

Oh lawsy. I think I need to go to Biscuitville ASAP. You know, for blog research.

And, oh yeah, don’t forget to check out the rest of the Saveur 100. No. 100 is one of my all-time faves and a Southern summer staple, the tomato sandwich!

No comments: